Party King Hitch Mounted Grills FAQ
Will The SWING 'N SMOKE MVP Grill Fit On Any Vehicle?
The hitch mount barbeque grill fits on any vehicle that has a 2" receiver hitch installed under the rear bumper. Many SUVs, pickups and RVs come standard with a 2” receiver hitch. The only exception is if the hitch is located farther than 2.5” under or behind the leading edge of the bumper. If this is the case (the only one we have encountered is the Range Rover) an extension is available to allow attaching.
Can The VERSArm HD Carrier System And The MVP Grill Be Secured To The Vehicle Beyond The Standard Hitch Pin That Comes With The Package?
With the purchase of an optional locking receiver hitch pin and padlocks for the grill, the system can be further secured to the vehicle to help prevent theft.
Will The MVP Grill Utilize Charcoal Briquettes As Well As Propane?
No, the grill has 3 extended-life, stainless steel burners and is fueled only by two propane canisters or a standard 5-gal. propane exchange bottle.
Should The Propane Bottle Be Placed Directly Underneath The Grill While Cooking?
No, the grill's firebox radiates heat downward as well as outward.
Can The MVP Grill Be Dismounted From Its VERSArm HD Carrier System And Placed Directly On The Ground Or On A Vehicle's Tailgate To Cook?
No, because of the grill's downward radiation of heat, it should only be used on the VERSArm™ or on the Backyard Grill Stand accessories, or possibly on a non-flammable surface such as concrete.
How Can Grease Build-Up From Extensive Use Be Eliminated?
Take the MVP Grill to your local car wash; remove the grid, the heat deflectors over the burners and the side shelves. Set the pressure wash to “Engine Degreaser”; soak for 5 minutes; change selector to “Soap”; wash thoroughly, followed by a detailed “Rinse”.
Can The MVP Grill Be Store Outside In The Sun And Weather?
As with any grill, it's always better to store equipment inside in a protected environment. Direct sun will eventually impact the black surfaces of the grill, fading them over time.
How Long Do The Double Barrel Fuel System Canisters Last?
Typically, the two canisters will last for at least 2-hours of grilling. If more cooking time is required, take along some spare canisters, or you have the choice of using a standard 5-gal. propane exchange bottle.
Can I Use The Double-Barrel Fuel System To Power Other Propane Equipment?
Yes, if your other propane-fueled grills, camp stoves, lanterns or heaters have hose connections with “universal connectors”, the Double-Barrel Fuel System™ can be substituted. The BTU usage of those products will determine the burn time for the two propane canisters.
Why Does My Grill Burn But Not Get Hot? The regulator safety has probably tripped, the fix is simple.
- Turn off control knobs on the grill (make sure they are completely set to off)
- Turn off the fuel supply at the tank (s)
- Reconnect the hose and regulator to the fuel tank
- Light the grill.
- Removing the hose and regulator then reconnecting resets the safety in the regulator
- Remember to always check the control knobs to make sure they are off before you turn on the fuel
Can An Umbrella Be Used With The Grill?
Yes, the VERSArm™ HD Carrier comes with an umbrella holder. Keep in mind that if you're grilling in a windy location with wind gusts of over 5 mph, you should probably not use an umbrella.
Does The VERSArm HD Carrier Fit A Vehicle Lift Kit?
Yes. Depending on the height of the hitch, you may have to employ a couple of blocks for use under the adjustable prop legs. The prop legs must be down and on a stable surface before cooking with the grill.
Can The VERSArm HD Carrier System Be Used Without A Drawbar Stabilizer Clamp?
Yes. The only negative effect of not using a stabilizer clamp (comes standard with the grill package) is that the drawbar will be looser in the 2” receiver hitch and may create additional movement and/or noise. As long as the hitch pin is in place and secured, the VERSArm™ cannot come out.
Can Other Cargo Items Be Transported On The VERSArm HD Carrier System?Yes. A variety of cargo items can be transported. A unique cargo tray that attaches to the VERSArm is available from Party King also. When selecting a cargo accessory make sure:
- You exercise care in assuring the items are secured
- The total payload limit of 200 pounds is not exceeded
- Product Categories
- Advanced Search
- Contact Us
- Warranty Info
- Product Guides
- Shipping Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Return Request Form
- Lakeland Gear Blog
- Get Started with Bike Racks
- Get Started With Hitch Mounted Bike Racks
- Get Started With Roof Top Bike Racks
- Get Started With Trunk & Hatchback Bike Racks
- About Inno Bike Racks
- About Rhino Rack Bike Racks
- About Softride Bike Racks
- About Swagman Bike Racks
- About Thule Bike Racks
- About Yakima Bike Racks
- Hollywood Fit Guide
- Camp Chairs
- Camping Tents
- Canoe & Kayak Racks
- Car Back Carriers
- Car Top Cargo Boxes
Car Top Carrier Bags
- Get Started With Car Top Carrier Bags
- Pick the Right Cargo Carrier
- Rightline Gear Car Top Carrier Features
- Car Top Carrier Bag Comparison Guide
- Car Top Carrier Capacity Guide
Car Top Carrier Bag Fit Guide
- Rightline Gear Sport Car Top Carrier Fit Guide
- Rightline Gear Ace And Edge Car Top Carrier Bag Fit Guide
- Advantage and Lund Car Carrier Fit Guide
- Highland Roof Cargo Carrier Fit Guide
- Rola Luggage Carrier Fit Guide
- Sherpa Car Top Luggage Carrier Fit Guide
- Thule Cargo Bag Fit Guide
- Yakima Roof Top Carrier Fit Guide
- Sport Car Top Carrier Set Up Guide
- Car Clips Set Up Guide
- Car Top Carriers Rental Policy
- How to Clean Your Car Top Carrier
- Hitch Cargo Carriers
- Warranty Information
- Lakeland Travel Tips
- Party King Hitch Mounted Grills FAQ
- Party King Grills Features
- Frozen Concoction Maker FAQ
- Rightline Gear Security Cable Lock Instructions
- Pet Net Sizing Guides
- Pelican Perch Hammock Chair FAQ
- Lakeland Links: Visit Our Friends & Partners
- Roof Basket Racks
- Roof Rack Systems
- Sleep Gear Info
- Truck Bed Air Mattresses
- Get Started With Truck Tents
- Rightline Gear Truck Tent Set Up Guide
- Camp Right Truck Tent Sizing Guide
- Camp Right Truck Tent Features
- No Truck Tents Available
- SUV Tent Set Up Guide
- DAC Truck Cap Tent Sizing Guide
- Softopper Truck Camper Shells FAQs
- SoftToppers vs. Truck Caps and Tonneau Covers
- Cascadia Roof Top Tent FAQ
- Tepui Roof Top Tent FAQ